Week 1 and 2 - August 23-September 1
- Welcome back!
- Field trip: Writers Eye - September 21
- Graffiti mag - please read through this - it's our lit mag and something we'll be building/editing as the year goes on.
- Why do you write? Think about the truths you want to tell as well as why you write. Stop by and see me in D219 for an index card that you'll create to go with the cards from our 1/2 class.
- We'll be looking at how to create strong, dimensional characters - Please read through this Characterization Exercise and complete steps 1-3. Don't forget to share w/ Kayser
- Begin a free writing piece that you can workshop in two weeks.
- Please familiarize yourself w/ workshop norms - Workshop norms
- Read Raymond Carver's "Why Don't You Dance?" and "Popular Mechanics" for discussion next week.