Here you'll find a breakdown of third quarter assignments. If you need further clarification, please let me know.
- Writing self-reflection - due Jan 30 - When thinking about your writing, in what areas do you want to improve and why? What steps do you need to take to improve? What are you already doing well? Use your literary analysis feedback in your reflection too.
- Free write #1 - due Feb 6
- Katherine's monologue analysis - due Feb 9 - Analyze Katherine’s final monologue in Act V. What statement did Shakespeare make through Katherine? Use quotations to support your thesis.
- Free write #2 - due Feb 13
- What is dystopia? - due Feb 13 - What is dystopia? Create an image, poem, or response and post it to your blog. If you draw a picture, take a picture of it and post the picture to your blog.
- Newspeak blog - create a blog entry written in Newspeak
- Blog free write #3 - due March 16
- Book talk - due Jan 19
- Create a visual representation of Act 1 of "Taming of the Shrew" - due January 26
- Genius Project planning - write out the steps and estimated time to complete each task (can do on paper or here) - Due Feb 6
- AP Quarter 3 Book Talk selection - due Feb 6
- Active/passive voice check - due Feb 6
- Create a monologue in iambic pentameter for any character from “Taming of the Shrew” - due Feb 13
- Dystopia wordle - due Wednesday, March 4
- SOL Simulation essay - in-class
- SOL simulation revisions - due Friday, March 6
- Research paper topic selection, possible sources, and possible thesis - due Monday, March 16
- Book talk - due Friday, March 27